What you get with Amerisleep Revere
Amerisleep offers memory foam mattresses that are available directly to consumers through the company’s website, showroom in Arizona, and through Amazon.com. The company offers five different models that range in firmness levels from medium-soft to medium-firm.
Using an eco-friendly manufacturing method, Amerisleep makes its memory foam with plant-based materials, and the process helps reduce the amount of chemicals and petroleum used.
Amerisleep’s foam is designed to offer comfort for pressure relief and firm support to allow for spinal and body alignment. The foam responds effectively to movement and body position changes with faster-than-average response, as compared to most memory foams.
Here are several key characteristics that make the Amerisleep Revere mattress model stand out:
- Firmness: The Revere model is a medium-firm mattress that is recommended for back and stomach sleepers. This model is more firm than Amerisleep’s Liberty mattress. The firmness level offered in this mattress performs well in supporting sleepers to promote natural alignment of the spine.
- Comfort and pressure relief: The comfort layer of this mattress is designed to offer optimal contour and hug for pressure relief. The conformity of the memory foam comfort layer allows for heavier parts of the body to sink down farther and holds up the lighter parts of the body to cradle the shape of each individual sleeper.
- Motion isolation: The foam layers of this mattress are designed to absorb movement on the surface of the mattress so that it has very little impact on other areas of the mattress. Sleeping partners benefit from this because they are don’t feel much and maybe any movement when the other sleeper shifts positions or moves during the night.
- Trial and warranty: Free shipping and a 100-night sleep trial is available with Amerisleep’s Revere mattress. This length of a sleep trial and the company’s 20-year warranty are above average for the industry. This is true especially when Amerisleep is compared to other memory foam mattress competitors.
There are also a few potential weaknesses to note about Amerisleep Revere mattresses:
- Bounce: The nature of the dense cover and the memory foam mattress layers used in this mattress makes for very little bounce.
- Edge support: The outside edges of the mattress sink down significantly farther than the center of this mattress, making edge support a potential weakness. The center of the mattress offers the most support as compared to the edges.
Price (Queen): $1,299
Sleep trial: 100
Warranty: 20 years (First 10 years unlimited; second 10 years pro-rated)
Manufactured in: U.S.
Amerisleep was founded with the goal of taking the “middleman” out of the mattress buying experience, so customers could order directly from the company. Amerisleep is based in Scottsdale, Arizona, where the company has a showroom. Customers can buy these mattresses from the Amerisleep’s showroom, website, and from Amazon.com.
The company uses a proprietary eco-friendly manufacturing method that removes pollutants from the air. Mattress components are made in a chamber that has filters built in to remove the chemicals during the manufacturing process. This process follows guidelines from the Clean Air Act.
The manufacturing process is called Variable Pressure Foaming (VPF). Amerisleep reports that all waste from the VPF method is recycled internally.
Reviews on Amerisleep’s Revere model are available here:
The company reports that 98 percent of its customers would recommend Amerisleep to friends, and that it has more than 4,000 five-star reviews. Amerisleep also uses a third-party review service (PowerReviews) to gather and feature customer reviews on its website.
Consider these pros and cons reported in reviews by Amerisleep customers:
- Good combination of pressure relief and support
- Helpful customer service
- Fast delivery
- Easy purchase experience
- 100-night sleep trial
- Free shipping
- No odor
- FedEx delivery challenges
- Only one firmness level
- Return shipping fee
- Website interface is difficult to use
- No handles for easy lifting or transporting
A look at the Amerisleep Revere mattress
The Amerisleep Revere mattress is a 12-inch memory foam mattress. Each foam layer is made with a plant-based foam using an eco-friendly method to reduce the amount of air pollutants and chemicals used. This mattress is available in sizes from Twin to California or Split King.
This is a medium-firm mattress that offers firm foundational support and contouring and pressure relief.
These mattresses feature the following layers:
- Comfort: The top comfort foam layer is a 3-inch layer made with open-cell Bio-Pur foam that is designed to be breathable and has cooling technology to wick away heat and moisture. This foam layer is designed to be responsive to each sleeper conforming to the curves of the body for pressure relief. This layer also offers some support when paired with the support layers and allows heavier parts of the body to be held up, promoting natural body and spinal alignment.
- Support: The Revere’s support core includes a 9-inch Bio-Core foam layer that offers dense support and a firm foundation for the mattress.
- Cover: The cover of this mattress is made with several materials, including Celliant, a plant-blend material used to make the fabric cover more breathable. The Celliant is blended with polyester and spandex, and includes a four-sided zipper so the cover can be removed for easy spot cleaning.
The Revere mattress is adaptable with several different bases. It can be placed directly on the floor, and in combination with a box spring, flat foundations, or slatted frames, and adjustable bases.
Amerisleep Revere mattresses are manufactured using eco-friendly practices in the U.S.
Amerisleep Revere costs and guarantees
Amerisleep offers a 100-night sleep trial for all of its mattress models. The company will issue a full refund and help arrange for the mattress to be picked up if consumers are not satisfied.
They do require that customers use the mattress for at least 30 days and up to 100 nights before requesting a return and refund.
The company recycles or donates mattresses that are returned.
Shipping is free to customers in the United States and mattresses ship within 3-5 business days via FedEx. The mattresses are delivered curbside or closest to the front door.
For shipping to Alaska and Hawaii, or countries including Canada or Mexico, there may be shipping costs associated with purchase.
In addition, the company may offer expedited shipping. Amerisleep requests that customers call customer service to discuss expedited shipping options. There is no pricing indicated on their website.
Once mattresses are ordered, they are compressed, vacuum-packed, packaged, and shipped in a small box. They take between 4 to 6 hours to expand and 24 hours to fully expand.
Amerisleep’s 20-year warranty is above average for the industry, and begins after the 100-night sleep trial ends. The warranty includes a 10-year unlimited warranty for the first 10 years which covers any issues during that time period. After the second set of 10 years, the mattress is covered under a 10-year pro-rated warranty.
How Amerisleep Revere performs
The Amerisleep Revere model performs similar to the Liberty model when it comes motion isolation. When sleepers move on the mattress, the motion is absorbed without transferring motion to other areas of the mattress.
When you sit on the edge of the Revere mattress, it does sink down significantly further than when pressure or weight is applied to the center core of the mattress. The durable foams used and the 12-inch thickness of the mattress offers some edge support. These mattresses offer the best support in the core and center of the mattress.
Similar to the Liberty model, the average lifespan of the Revere mattress is reportedly between 10 to 12 years. This is above average when compared to other memory foam mattresses.
On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the firmest, the Revere model is a medium-firm mattress and scores a 6 or 6.5 on the firmness scale.
The medium-firm firmness of this mattress is recommended for several different sleeping positions, especially stomach and back sleeping, that require a firm support and a moderate amount of pressure relief without sinking into the mattress too far.
The Revere model does not come in any other firmness levels. However, the other Amerisleep models feature different firmness offerings. For example, the Liberty model has a medium firmness level.
The two foam layers used in the Revere model are made with a large- and open-cell structure, which promotes airflow to help keep this mattress cool. The comfort and support layers are both designed this way.
Revere’s foam layers are paired with a mattress cover that is made with a spandex-, polyester-, and Celliant-blended fabric. The materials used in the mattress cover are all conducive to sleepers staying cool and dry.
Similar to the Liberty model, the Revere mattress has little to no smell after being unpackaged. The mattress manufacturing method used to make the foams is done inside a chamber and its filters draw out chemicals so they don’t pollute the air.
An initial scent is possible but not common, and is not long-lasting if it occurs.
Amerisleep mattresses are CertiPUR-US certified and made with plant-based materials instead of other chemicals that are used to make many memory foam mattresses.
The Revere mattress performs fair in this category because it doesn’t have a lot of bounce, based on the conforming nature of this mattress and dense foam layers.
This mattress has a faster-than-average response time as compared to other memory foam mattresses. Sleepers can move with ease and shift body positions and body weight without getting stuck, but it doesn’t allow for much bounce.
This mattress does not make any noise, which is conducive to this category.
How to take care of your Amerisleep Revere mattress
Amerisleep mattresses feature a four-sided zipped Celliant-blend cover that can be removed for easy cleaning without having to lift the entire mattress.
The cover can be spot-treated with soap and warm water, but it is not recommended to be machine washed. If needed, these mattress covers can be dry cleaned in case of extreme stains.
Amerisleep does recommend that customers purchase a waterproof mattress protector to help protect the mattress from spills or stains.
The memory foam should not be cleaned.
Amerisleep mattresses are one-sided, so they don’t require flipping or rotating.
Connect with Amerisleep
For more info, connect with Amerisleep through these channels: