What you get with Wright Bedding
Source: Wright Bedding
Wright Bedding is among the mattress industry’s direct-to-consumer companies that makes high-density memory foam mattresses. The company is known for spending nearly 30 years in research and development to design its proprietary mattress, that offer a balance of comfort, responsiveness, breathability, and support.
Wright Bedding mattresses feature memory foams that are made in the U.S. and are 100% Certi-Pur certified. Its mattress model is available in one firmness level and in several sizes from Twin to California King.
Consider these key characteristics that make the Wright Bedding mattress stand out:
- Motion transfer: Wright Bedding mattresses perform well in isolating movement and are above-average in this category as compared to other competitor brands. The memory foam layers absorb motion to prevent movement from transferring to other areas of the mattress.
- Return policy and warranty: The company offers a 15-year warranty and full refunds during the 120-night sleep trial period. Both the return policy and warranty are above average for the direct-to-consumer mattress brands.
- Comfort: The top two layers of this mattress perform well in pressure relief, and contour to the sleeper’s body to help support natural body alignment.
Here are some potential weaknesses to note about the Wright Bedding mattress:
- Edge support: This mattress is not designed to offer as much support on the edges of the mattress. When pressure or weight is applied to the edges of the mattress, it does sink down further than the center core of the mattress.
- Price: Compared to other memory foam mattresses, Wright Bedding’s mattress is more expensive than other brands.
Price (Queen): $1,795
Type: memory foam
Sleep trial: 120 nights
Warranty: 15 years
Shipping: free shipping to U.S. and Canada
Manufactured in: U.S.
About Wright Bedding
Source: Wright Bedding
Dan Hauber founded Wright Bedding in 2014, and the company is based in New York, NY. Before officially launching in 2014, the company conducted research and product testing for several years.
Wright Bedding makes memory foam mattresses that are available online and are shipped directly to consumers. The company also offers an installation service.
All Wright Bedding mattresses are manufactured in the U.S., and the company works with suppliers in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Ohio.
The company’s store is located in New York and is open Saturday and Sunday by appointment.
Customers can make appointments at the New York showroom.
Wright Bedding (Wright Sleep, Co.), garnered an A rating through the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The rating represents BBB’s opinion of how the company interacts with its customers, based on information about the company and customer reviews, and public data sources.
More information on BBB’s review of Wright Bedding and BBB’s mission is available here.
Wright Bedding also featured customer reviews through its website.
Consider these pros and cons reported in reviews by Wright Bedding customers:
- Excellent customer service
- Good body cradling and contouring
- Supportive compared to other foam mattresses
- Balance of softness and support
- No more back pain
- High price
- Young company so not as many reviews as some other brands
A look at the Wright Bedding mattress
Source: Wright Bedding
Each Wright Bedding mattress has four different foam layers and is 11 inches thick. Wright Bedding mattresses are available in one firmness level (medium), are available in sizes from Twin to California King, and feature the following layers:
- Top layer: The top comfort layer is 1.5 inches thick and is designed for comfort and cooling. This layer is made with an open-cell structure memory foam that is gel-infused to promote airflow to help divert heat away from the sleeper to keep sleepers cool. The memory foam allows the sleeper’s body to sink down into the mattress relieving pressure, and conforms to the body based on the shape and weight of the sleeper. This layer has a 4lb density.
- Second layer: A second memory foam comfort layer is 2 inches thick, and offers additional body contouring. This layer has a 3lb density.
- Third layer: The third memory foam layer is 1.5 inches thick and is designed to offer support and act as a transition layer between the comfort layers and the foundational support layer. This layer helps keep the body aligned naturally and eases the transition from the comfort layers to the base support layer. This layer has a 5lb density.
- Bottom layer: The bottom support layer of the mattress is 6 inches of base foam and is designed to offer deep foundational support for sleepers. This layer has a 1.8lb density.
The cover of the mattress is a cotton and polyester blend fabric that helps the surface of the mattress stay cool. The cover is removable and zips off the mattress for easy cleaning.
The Wright Bedding mattress is compatible with box springs, flat platforms, or slatted platforms. The company suggests the mattress not be used with empty metal frames without cross slats.
Wright Bedding costs and guarantees
|W1.27||Twin||$1,395||39” x 75”|
|W1.27||Twin XL||$1,595||39” x 80”|
|W1.27||Full||$1,595||54” x 75”|
|W1.27||Queen||$1,795||60” x 80”|
|W1.27||King||$2,195||76” x 80”|
|W1.27||California King||$2,195||72” x 84”|
|W1.27||Split King||$2,395||76” x 80”|
Wright Bedding offers a 120-day sleep trial. If customers are not satisfied, the company offers returns or exchanges during the 120-night trial period and covers the shipping cost for both ways.
If customers wish to make a return or exchange, they can send an email to email@example.com.
Wright Bedding offers two free delivery methods. The first option includes full delivery and in-home installation. In this case, the mattress will be delivered and set up by a delivery team, who will also remove packaging and remove old mattresses.
After customers place an order, Wright Bedding will schedule a delivery and installation time, usually within 4-9 days after the purchase has been made. For customers who live in more remote locations, the shipping time may be longer.
For faster or more expedited shipping, mattresses will be shipped within 2-7 business days via UPS. The mattress will be compressed, packaged, and shipped in a 21” x 21” x 40” box. The company recommends that two people help lift and handle the box, especially for moving up and down stairs.
Once the box arrives, sleepers can unpackage the mattress to set it up, and within hours of installation the mattress is ready for sleeping.
Wright Bedding offers a 15-year warranty. If the mattress breaks down during that 15-year timeframe, the company’s policy is to replace the mattress for customers.
The warranty covers any defects and any issues that impact the performance or sagging and indentations that measure more than a ½ inch. This warranty does not cover any spills, stains, or discoloration of the mattress that are caused by the mattress not being covered.
How the Wright Bedding mattress performs
This mattress performs well in motion isolation. The memory foam layers absorb movement, and little to no motion is felt by sleeping partners when the other person changes position or gets up.
The edges of the mattress provide the least amount of support when pressure and weight is applied. The center core of the mattress provides the most support. If sleepers are sitting directly on the edge of the mattress or sleeping close to the edge, the mattress will not provide adequate support.
Memory foam mattresses are considered to be durable based on the materials used. The Wright Bedding mattress is made to last 15 years.
This mattress is available in one firmness level. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the softest and 10 being the most firm, this mattress scores a 6 and is medium firm.
Source: Wright Bedding
Wright Bedding uses an open-cell structure foam that is gel infused, and is designed to promote airflow and draw heat away from the body to prevent heat from being trapped. The proprietary 3BELOW foam is used in the top comfort layer to keep sleepers cool.
In addition, a polyester and cotton cover is designed to promote airflow and keep the surface of the mattress cool.
The sides of the mattress layers are designed with mesh panels that promote airflow and improve breathability.
Once the mattress has been unboxed, it does have some off-gassing that occurs. After several hours the smell dissipates.
The Wright Bedding mattress is made with foam that is responsive to position changes, so sleepers don’t feel stuck. However, this mattress does not have much bounce at all, which is not conducive for activities in this category.
How to take care of your Wright Bedding mattress
Source: Wright Bedding
The Wright Bedding mattress does have a removable cover that can be unzipped for easy cleaning.
Because the mattress should have the top layer on top and the foundational support layer on the bottom, this mattress is not flippable.
The company does suggest that sleepers use a mattress protector to help protect the mattress.
The surface of the mattress can be vacuumed to remove dirt, pet hair, allergens, dust, etc.
Connect with Wright Bedding
For more information about Wright Bedding, connect with Wright Bedding through these channels: