What you get with Zenhaven
Zenhaven by Saatva makes all-natural Talalay latex mattresses that are flippable and designed to offer two different firmness levels in different sizes.
The company sells mattresses direct-to-consumer, and is known for its 5-zone system that provides customized support and comfort and pressure relief for sleepers. Each mattress features multiple layers of latex, and an organic cotton cover.
Consider these key characteristics that make the Zenhaven mattress stand out:
- All-natural: These mattresses feature 100 percent natural latex, with no synthetic latex materials or foams, and organic cotton and wool. Zenhaven mattresses are toxin- and chemical-free.
- Firmness: Zenhaven’s mattress model features two different sides with different firmness levels. The mattress is flippable, and one side is luxury plush and the other side is luxury firm.
- Sex: The elasticity and response time of the latex layers used makes this mattress more bouncy when compared to foam mattresses. This mattress performs well in this category.
- Durability: Latex mattresses are considered to be one of the most durable mattress options in the mattress industry. With a 20-year warranty available, these mattresses are designed to last for 20 years.
Here are some potential weaknesses to note about the Zenhaven mattress:
- Price: Latex mattresses are generally considered to be more expensive than mattresses made with other materials, like innerspring or foam. Zenhaven’s mattress is more expensive than other direct-to-consumer brands.
- Heavy: The queen size weight 184 pounds.
- Edge support: Because this mattress has two sides and firmness levels, the edge support can vary per side. When weight is applied to the edges of both sides of the mattress, however, the sides sink down farther than the core of the mattress. The center of the mattress performs much better in support as compared to the edges.
Price (Queen): $1,899
Sleep trial: 120 nights
Warranty: 20 years
Shipping: Delivery and set-up fee around $99 depending on delivery location
Manufactured in: U.S.
The company has been featured by Vogue, Fortune, Good Morning America, and Forbes, among others.
Zenhaven by Saatva makes all-natural latex mattresses in the U.S. and is the sister company to Saatva, which launched in 2010 and is known for its innerspring mattresses.
Saatva/Zenhaven partners with nearly 20 U.S. and Canadian factories and is based in Westport, CT, and Austin, TX, and has more than 130 fulfillment centers across the nation.
The company stands out from other competitor brands because of its delivery and set-up service. While most other online mattress companies ship mattresses compressed, sealed, and packaged in a box, Zenhaven delivers mattresses in stable condition and a delivery professional installs the mattresses for customers.
Saatva, which owns Zenhaven, garnered an A+ rating through the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The rating represents BBB’s opinion of how the company interacts with its customers, based on information about the company and customer reviews, and public data sources.
Zenhaven/Saatva has a better-than-average BBB rating as compared to other competitor mattress companies. More information on BBB’s review of Saatva and BBB’s mission is available here.
Zenhaven is known for its 24-hour customer service. The company reports that it has more than 12,000 reviews across the web. On Google, Zenhaven has been reviewed more than 4,000 times and has an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
On its website, Zenhaven has a 4.9 out of 5 star rating and more than 9,100 reviews.
Customer reviews are available online through these sites:
Consider these pros and cons reported in reviews by Zenhaven customers:
- Excellent shipping/delivery service
- No more back pain
- Helpful and professional customer service
- Old mattress removal service
- Balance of comfort and support
- Easy ordering process
- User-friendly website
- Works well with an adjustable foundation
- Heavy to lift and move
- No handles for easy lifting or rotating
- Edge support
- Too firm
A look at the Zenhaven mattress
Each mattress is flippable with two different firmness levels (luxury plush and gentle firm) and is designed with multiple layers measuring 10 inches high. These mattresses feature the following layers:
- Luxury plush comfort layer/Gentle firm support layer: The top comfort layer is a 1.5-inch layer that is made with Talalay latex and features a 5-zone comfort layer system. This layer provides comfort and pressure relief, bounce, and responsiveness for movement and position changes. This layer is used on top for the luxury plush firmness level, and on the bottom as a support layer for the gentle firm firmness level.
- Comfort: A second comfort layer made with Talalay latex measures 3 inches and is designed to offer additional pressure relief and support.
- Transition: A third layer of Talalay latex is 3 inches thick and serves as a transitional layer when the luxury plush firmness level and side is used. The layer provides additional support and firmness when the gentle firm layer or side is used.
- Gentle firm comfort layer/Luxury plush support layer: This bottom and comfort layer is 1.5-inch Talalay latex layer that offers a 5-zone comfort system, similar to the top comfort layer. It provides additional support as the bottom support layer when the luxury plush firmness level is used, while providing more firm comfort when it is used as the top comfort layer for the gentle firm firmness level.
- Cover: The cover featured is a 1-inch organic cotton and wool cover on both sides of the mattress.
Zenhaven costs and guarantees
|Zenhaven||Twin||$1,299||140lbs||38” x 75”|
|Zenhaven||Twin XL||$1,349||147lbs||38” x 80”|
|Zenhaven||Full||$1,699||175lbs||54” x 75”|
|Zenhaven||Queen||$1,899||184lbs||60” x 80”|
|Zenhaven||King||$2,499||147lbs per piece (if split)||76” x 80”|
|Zenhaven||California King||$2,499||140lbs per piece (if split)||72” x 84”|
Zenhaven offers a 120-night sleep trial. The trial begins on the date of delivery, and if customer are not satisfied, the company will pick up the mattress and issue a full refund, except the original delivery fee.
The company’s shipping program is unique as compared to other online mattress companies, because it delivers each mattress and a delivery professional handles installation. These mattresses are not compressed, sealed, and shipped in a box, however, they are delivered in a stable state, whereas other bed-in-a-box mattresses are delivered in a box and take hours to fully expand.
The company does charge a delivery/set-up fee, which usually costs about $99. After the mattress is purchased, a Zenhaven representative will call to set up a delivery date. The day before, delivery, the company will call again to schedule a 4-hour delivery window.
Zenhaven also offers mattress removal service for $39.
Mattresses usually ship within one to two weeks or up to 18 days, depending on the delivery location and its distance from the company’s fulfillment centers.
Zenhaven offers a 20-year warranty with its mattresses. This warranty is above average for the mattress industry. The first 2 years of the warranty are non-prorated, and the company will replace mattresses with no charge if there are defects covered by the warranty.
For mattresses that need to be replaced within the warranty coverage in years 3 to 20, the company will repair or re-cover the mattress and will charge a transportation fee.
The warranty is only valid for the original purchaser, and if the mattress is used properly with the proper platform foundation.
How the Zenhaven mattress performs
Sleepers will feel very little to no motion transfer with Zenhaven mattresses. When sleeping with a partner, the latex is designed to absorb movement and prevents motion from being felt on other areas of the mattress when a sleeper changes positions or gets up.
Because this mattress has two sides and firmness levels, the edge support can vary per side. When weight is applied to both sides of the mattress, the sides sink down farther than the core of the mattress. The center of the mattress performs much better in support as compared to the edges
Latex mattresses are considered to perform well in durability, due to the durable nature of latex materials. The Zenhaven mattress is made to last up to 20 years.
Zenhaven mattresses offer two firmness levels — luxury plush and gentle firm. The luxury plush option is a 4 or 5 on the firmness scale, with 1 being the softest and 10 being the most firm. The gentle firm option is a 7 or 8 on the firmness scale and is more firm than the luxury plush option.
The latex used in Zenhaven’s mattresses does not trap heat, which helps sleepers stay cool. These latex layers are also aerated and promote airflow. The cotton and wool cover is also breathable, which helps keep this mattress cool on the surface.
Zenhaven’s natural latex mattresses do not have a smell because of the natural latex materials used. In addition, Zenhaven’s mattresses are not compressed and sealed like many competitor mattresses, so there is no off-gassing when the mattress is installed.
Natural latex offers more bounce than other mattress materials like foam. Zenhaven mattresses perform well in this category and are conducive to activity for this category.
How to take care of your Zenhaven mattress
The Zenhaven mattress is flippable, and cat two firmness levels. Both sides of the mattress feature a non-removable organic cotton and wool cover. The cover cannot be removed for cleaning.
The company recommends using a mattress protector to prevent any spills from damaging the cover and mattress.
Zenhaven/Saatva also recommends cleaning the mattress by vacuuming the mattress and deodorizing with baking soda.
Connect with Zenhaven
For more information about Zenhaven, connect with Zenhaven through these channels: