What you get with Brooklyn Bedding
Brooklyn Bedding is a bed-in-a-box mattress company that specializes in foam mattresses. The company is known for its proprietary TitanFlex foam that is designed to have characteristics similar to latex, like durability, fast response, and bounce. The eco-friendly foam used is also made without any chemicals and is CertiPur Certified.
Brooklyn Bedding makes the Brooklyn Signature mattress model in three different firmness levels – soft, medium, or firm – for all different sleeping positions.
Consider these key characteristics that make Brooklyn Bedding’s Brooklyn Signature stand out:
- Pressure relief: Brooklyn Bedding mattresses are designed for personalized comfort that is specific to each sleeper’s body shape. The foam used in these mattresses performs well for pressure relief by molding to the body with a contouring hug.
- Firmness: Three different options for firmness levels make Brooklyn Bedding mattresses unique when compared to other bed-in-a-box mattress companies.
- Price: These mattresses are competitively priced as compared to other competitors.
- Bounce: Brooklyn Bedding mattresses perform better-than-average in this category, because the foam is designed to react to movement, weight, and pressure with a latex-like response. The foam allows for good bounce when compared to other foam mattresses.
Here are some potential weaknesses to note about Brooklyn Bedding’s Brooklyn Signature mattress:
- Edge support: When weight and pressure is applied to the edges of the mattress, the foam does sink down farther than other parts of the mattress. The center core of the mattress provides the most support.
- Motion transfer: Brooklyn Bedding mattresses do not perform as well as some other memory foam mattresses with motion transfer. When movement occurs, some motion may be felt by the sleeping partner and transferred to other parts of the mattress.
Price (Queen): $949 (check for discounts)
Sleep trial: 120 days
Warranty: 10 years
Manufactured in: U.S.
About Brooklyn Bedding
Brooklyn Bedding is a family-owned company that started in 1995 and began selling mattresses online in 2010. Two brothers — Rob and John Merwin — decided to go into the mattress business to offer mattresses at a competitive price with high-quality customer service and a transparent mattress buying experience.
With headquarters based in Phoenix, Arizona, Brooklyn Bedding has 21 total showrooms across Arizona and Utah. All of its materials and products are manufactured in the U.S., at the company’s 145,000-square-foot factory in Phoenix.
The company is unique when compared to other online direct-to-consumer brands because it operates and owns its own manufacturing facility, while many other brands contract with manufacturers. Brooklyn Bedding employs more than 100 people.
The company is known for its products being American-made and also for its charitable contributions. Brooklyn Bedding is actively involved in community charity donations programs for organizations like The First Down Fund, which helps kids and families access positive activities during the summer and throughout the year, and Arizona’s Children Association, which serves more than 42,000 children and provides programs for children and families.
Because the company has been in business longer than some of the other online mattress retailers, there are many reviews available.
The Brooklyn Bedding website has 2,223 total reviews and more than 1,700 5-star reviews, along with reviews through these sites:
Consider these pros and cons reported in reviews by Brooklyn Bedding customers:
- Sleeps cool
- Delivered exactly as promised
- Price and value
- No smell
- Return policy
- 120-day sleep trial
- Fast shipping
- Easy website
- Helpful customer service
- Works well with adjustable base
- Edge support
- Poor packaging
- Challenges with FedEx shipping/delivery
- Damage to box
- Too firm
A look at the Brooklyn Bedding Brooklyn Signature
The Brooklyn Bedding Brooklyn Signature model is made with three layers and is available in three different firmness levels – soft, medium, and firm. It is unique for a bed-in-a-box company to offer different firmness levels, as many of the other brands offer one model that is typically medium in firmness.
The company is known for its proprietary TitanFlex foam that is designed to offer both conforming comfort and support for body and spine alignment.
These mattresses feature the following layers:
- 1 (Cover): Brooklyn Bedding mattresses are made with a 2-inch quilted cover that is made of polyfoam. This cover acts more like a pillow top because of its thickness. The cover is designed with an open-cell structure which allows for airflow and helps sleepers stay cool.
- 2 (Comfort): The 2-inch comfort layer is made with an open-cell structure material that features small titanium beads. This layer is meant to contour to the body, to offer custom comfort and pressure relief based on each sleeper’s body shape and weight. The TitanFlex foam used also includes TitaniumGel that is designed to prevent heat from trapping in the mattress and makes the mattress more elastic, responsive, and durable.
- 3 (Support): A high-density 6-inch poly foam support core provides a firm foundation for support that is designed to prevent sagging.
The Brooklyn Bedding mattress is compatible with several different foundations, including box springs and slatted and platform foundations.
All mattresses and products are constructed at the company’s manufacturing facility in Phoenix, Arizona.
Brooklyn Bedding costs and guarantees
|Brooklyn Bedding Brooklyn Signature||Twin||$599||58lbs|
|Brooklyn Bedding Brooklyn Signature||Twin XL||$649||60lbs|
|Brooklyn Bedding Brooklyn Signature||Full||$799||85lbs|
|Brooklyn Bedding Brooklyn Signature||Queen||$949||100lbs|
|Brooklyn Bedding Brooklyn Signature||King||$1149||120lbs|
|Brooklyn Bedding Brooklyn Signature||California King||$1149||120lbs|
Purchase your Brooklyn Bedding Brooklyn Signature mattress from Brooklyn Bedding.
Brooklyn Bedding offers a 120-night sleep trial. The trial date begins once the mattress is received and is only valid once a calendar year per customer.
The company requires that customers wait at least 30 days after the delivery date to test the mattress to see if it is a good fit.
Brooklyn Bedding does offer free mattress exchanges and returns between 30 and 120 days of the sleep trial. However, the company may refuse a return if the customer used an improper foundation for the mattress. Not all foundations are appropriate for this mattress. More details about their foundation requirements are available here.
For returns or exchanges, the company suggests contacting customer support by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shipping is free for Brooklyn Bedding mattresses to all U.S. states except Alaska and Hawaii. For shipping to Alaska and Hawaii, shipping costs start at $250 and may require a quote. Shipping to Canada starts around $270 per mattress, and is sent via UPS.
Expedited shipping is available at an additional cost and customers can contact the company for more information.
The mattress is compressed, rolled, and then shipped in a small box via FedEx Ground Shipping. The mattress usually takes between 3 and 5 business days to arrive.
The company suggests to contact them for other shipping options and destinations. They do not ship to APO addresses.
Once the mattress arrives and is unpackaged, customers can unbox it and unroll it for installation. The mattress includes handles for easy carrying, and once the mattress is in place it will fully expand within hours of installation.
How the Brooklyn Bedding Brooklyn Signature performs
Brooklyn Bedding mattresses do have some motion transfer, more so than competitor foam mattresses made with memory foam. When a sleeper moves, or gets out of bed, the sleeping partner will feel some movement.
This mattress performs average in edge support, meaning the edges sink down significantly further than other areas of the mattress when pressure and weight is applied. The center core of this mattress offer the most support.
The proprietary foam used in this mattress, which is designed to perform more like latex, is responsible for its high score in this category. The Brooklyn Bedding mattresses are made to last between 10 and 20 years.
Brooklyn Bedding offers three different firmness layers:
- Soft: The soft mattress is designed for back and stomach sleepers, and provides the most hug of all the firmness levels, as well as ample pressure relief for the heavier parts of the body that sink farther into the mattress.
- On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the firmest, the soft mattress would score a 3.
- Medium: This firmness is designed for back, stomach, and side sleepers, and is reportedly their most popular mattress. The medium firmness is suggested for these different sleeping positions, because it offers enough comfort and pressure relief while being firm enough to support the body and allow for natural body alignment.
- On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the firmest, the medium mattress would score a 6 or 6.5.
- Firm: The firm model is designed for back or stomach sleepers who prefer a flatter, firm feel and don’t like sinking down too far into the mattress.
- On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the firmest, the firm mattress would score an 8.
Brooklyn Bedding has cooling properties built into its mattresses. The TitaniumGel is used in the comfort layer and is designed with an open-cell structure to allow for airflow to help sleepers stay cool.
Customers report the mattress does not sleep hot, as compared to other foam mattresses that are known for heat trapping. The materials used also help wick moisture to keep sleepers dry. The top cover layer’s poly foam quilted material also helps with temperature control, with its open-cell design for airflow.
Upon unboxing the Brooklyn Bedding mattress, customers report some smell, but it fades away within hours of installation.
Although many foam models don’t allow for much bounce because of their body conformity features, the Brooklyn Bedding Brooklyn Signature is known for having above-average bounce. The materials used in these mattresses have some properties that act like latex, which allows for more resiliency and faster response, which is conducive to this category.
How to take care of your Brooklyn Bedding Brooklyn Signature
Because the cover of the mattress is not removable, and includes part of the comfort layer, the Brooklyn Bedding mattress should not be flipped. The mattress includes handles for easy moving, however, and can be rotated every few months if desired.
Brooklyn Bedding recommends that mattress buyers also use a mattress protector to help protect the mattress from spills, stains, bodily fluids, and accidents.
To clean the mattress, sleepers can remove the mattress protector and vacuum the entire surface and sides of the mattress. For stain removal and spot-treatment cleaning, it is recommended to use a little bit of water with laundry detergent and then dab the solution on the stain. Then, a clean cloth can be used to wipe away the stain and excess water.
Brooklyn Bedding coupons and discounts
Brooklyn Bedding Coupon
Visit the Brooklyn Bedding website for discounts on the Brooklyn Signature mattress!
Connect with Brooklyn Bedding
For more information on Brooklyn Bedding mattresses, connect with them through these channels: