What you get with Loom & Leaf
Loom & Leaf by Saatva is among the industry’s direct-to-consumer mattress brands. The company is unique because it offers home delivery and set up, unlike other online mattress companies.
Loom & Leaf mattresses are made with organic cotton and eco-friendly CertiPUR-US certified memory foam. Each mattress is constructed with multiple layers of foam designed to offer the ultimate comfort and pressure relief, and is available in two firmness levels online at loomandleaf.com.
Consider these key characteristics that make the Loom & Leaf mattress stand out:
- Motion isolation: This mattress performs well in absorbing movement. When a sleeper’s partner moves or gets up at night, minimal to no motion is felt on other areas of the mattress.
- Comfort/pressure relief: Multiple layers of memory foam are designed to offer body contouring and pressure relief. The memory foam used also helps distribute weight evenly across the mattress, allowing heavier parts of the body to sink down and lighter parts of the body to be supported.
- No odor: The eco-friendly foams and materials are made to be odor-free. The company ships these mattresses without shrink wrap, which helps prevent off-gassing.
- Sleep trial: Loom & Leaf offers a 120-day sleep trial, which is above average for the mattress industry.
- Home delivery and installation: The company offers home delivery and set up for an additional cost.
Here are some potential weaknesses to note about the Loom & Leaf mattress:
- Sex: The conforming nature of this memory foam mattress doesn’t allow for any bounce.
- Edge support: The edges of the mattress sink down when pressure and weight is applied, so sitting on or sleeping near the edge of the mattress doesn’t offer as much support as the core of the mattress.
- Responsiveness: The memory foam used in these mattresses has a slower response time, making the mattress somewhat resistant when sleepers change positions or get up.
Price (Queen): $1,099
Type: Memory foam
Sleep trial: 120 nights
Warranty: 15 years
Shipping: Delivery and set-up fee around $99 depending on delivery location
Manufactured in: U.S.
About Loom & Leaf
Loom & Leaf makes memory foam mattresses in the U.S. and is the sister company to Saatva, which launched in 2010 and is known for its innerspring mattresses.
Loom & Leaf partners with nearly 20 U.S. and Canadian factories. The company is based in Westport, CT, and Austin, TX, and has more than 130 fulfillment centers across the nation.
The company stands out from other competitor brands because of its delivery and set-up service. While most other online mattress companies ship mattresses compressed, sealed, and packaged in a box, Loom & Leaf delivers mattresses in stable condition and a delivery professional installs the mattresses for customers.
Loom & Leaf has been featured by Forbes, The Huffington Post, Good Morning America, Vogue, and Fortune.
Saatva, which owns Loom & Leaf, garnered an A+ rating through the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The rating represents BBB’s opinion of how the company interacts with its customers, based on information about the company and customer reviews, and public data sources.
Loom & Leaf/ Saatva has a better-than-average BBB rating as compared to other competitor mattress companies. More information on BBB’s review of Saatva and BBB’s mission is available here.
Loom & Leaf is known for its 24-hour customer service. The company has more than 3,100 reviews on Google with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5, and an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars on its website.
Customer reviews are available online through these sites:
Consider these pros and cons reported in reviews by Loom & Leaf customers:
- Fast installation
- Quick and easy ordering process
- Excellent delivery service
- Product exactly as described
- Great comfort and pressure relief
- Affordable and competitive pricing
- Informative website
- No more back pain
- Handles for easy moving and lifting
- No removable cover
- Too soft
- Small damage during delivery
- Delivery time too long
- More expensive than other bed-in-a-box mattresses
- Too hard
A look at the Loom & Leaf mattress
Loom & Leaf makes memory foam mattresses that are 12-inches thick and constructed with the following layers:
- 1 — Cover: The Loom & Leaf mattresses feature an organic quilted cover that has foam quilted into it to provide extra comfort. The cover is designed to help support the lumbar and middle section of the body, both of which are common problem areas for back pain for sleepers.
- 2 — Comfort (top): The 2-inch top comfort layer features medical-grade cooling gel that is designed to help prevent heat retention and promote pressure relief and natural spinal alignment. The cooling gel is constructed with holes that promote airflow. This layer has a 4lb density, which promotes the highest level of pressure relief and is considered to be more durable than lower density foams.
- 3– Comfort: This is a 2.5-inch comfort layer of memory foam, that is designed to provide contouring hug for the body. This foam is certified CertiPUR-US, and meets specific criteria for eco-friendly manufacturing methods and materials used. Loom & Leaf uses a 5lb high-density foam for this layer.
- 3 — Transition: This 2-inch transition layer (Transition Loft Pad) is a transitional layer that is between the support layer and the comfort layers. This layer is made of memory foam, which is designed to work with the other layers to provide both support and comfort.
- 4– Support core: The support layer is a 5.5-inch layer made of high-density foam, which offers a foundational support for the mattress. This layer helps provide natural spinal and body alignment.
The Loom & Leaf mattresses are constructed in the U.S. Each mattress is compatible with several types of foundations, including box spring, platform, and adjustable foundations.
Loom & Leaf costs and guarantees
|Loom & Leaf||Twin||$699||38” x 75”|
|Loom & Leaf||Twin XL||$799||38” x 80”|
|Loom & Leaf||Full||$949||54” x 75”|
|Loom & Leaf||Queen||$1,099||60” x 80”|
|Loom & Leaf||King||$1,499||76” x 80”|
|Loom & Leaf||California King||$1,499||72” x 84”|
Loom & Leaf offers a 120-night sleep trial. The trial begins on the date of delivery, and if customer are not satisfied, the company will pick up the mattress and issue a full refund, except the original delivery fee.
The company’s shipping program is unique as compared to other online mattress companies, because it delivers each mattress and a delivery professional handles installation. These mattresses are not compressed, sealed, and shipped in a box, however, they are delivered uncompressed, whereas other bed-in-a-box mattresses are delivered in a box and take hours to fully expand.
The company does charge a delivery/set-up fee, which usually costs about $99. After the mattress is purchased, a Loom & Leaf representative will call to set up a delivery date. The day before, delivery, the company will call again to schedule a 4-hour delivery window.
Loom & Leaf also offers mattress removal service for $39.
Mattresses usually ship within one to two weeks, depending on the delivery location and its distance from the company’s fulfillment centers.
Loom & Leaf provides a 15-year warranty with its mattresses. This warranty is above average for the mattress industry. The first 2 years of the warranty are non-prorated, and the company will replace mattresses with no charge if there are defects covered by the warranty.
For mattresses that need to be replaced within the warranty coverage in years 3 to 15, the company will repair or re-cover the mattress and will charge a $99 delivery fee.
The warranty is only valid for the original purchaser, and if the mattress is used properly with the proper foundation.
How the Loom & Leaf mattress performs
Loom & Leaf mattresses perform well in the category due to the design of the multiple layers of memory foam. The memory foam used absorbs movement, so sleepers who sleep with a partner feel little to no motion as the sleeping partner moves or get out of bed.
Sleepers report that these mattresses are not adequate for supporting sleepers when sitting or sleeping close to the edge of the mattress. The Loom & Leaf mattresses are not as supportive on the edges when weight or pressure is applied, making the edges sink down further than the center core of the mattress.
These mattresses are considered to last about 6 to 10 years on average.
Loom & Leaf mattresses come in two different firmness levels — relaxed firm and firm. The relaxed firm level mattresses are considered to be medium firm, ranging from5 to 7 on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the softest and 10 being the most firm. The firm mattress ranges between 7 and 9 on the firmness scale.
These mattresses are constructed with a gel memory foam that is designed with a technology that allows airflow. The top comfort layer has holes built into the foam layer, and these holes promote air movement, and are made to keep heat from being trapped. This design is meant to help sleepers stay cool.
Loom & Leaf mattresses are made with eco-friendly foams and manufacturing processes, which result in an odor-free mattress. Because the mattresses are not compressed and vacuum-sealed like many other bed-in-a-box mattress brands, they do not emit an odor or off-gassing when being installed.
The memory foam layers that offer a conforming hug are not conducive to this category. These mattresses offer very little to no bounce.
How to take care of your Loom & Leaf mattress
Loom & Leaf mattresses feature an organic cotton quilted cover. Foam is quilted into the cover to offer added comfort and pressure relief. This is unique for Loom & Leaf, because most mattress brands are designed with a polyester or polyester-blend cover. This cover is not removable for cleaning.
The mattress is one-sided and should not be flipped, as the cover and top comfort layer should always remain on the top/surface of the mattress.
The company recommends using a mattress protector to prevent any spills from damaging the cover and mattress.
Loom & Leaf/Saatva also recommends cleaning the mattress by vacuuming the mattress and deodorizing with baking soda.
Connect with Loom & Leaf
For more information about Loom & Leaf, connect with Loom & Leaf through these channels: