There is more information than ever about sleep and sleep products. That’s a great thing! But it can also be overwhelming. Who wants to gather mattress specs and pore through thousands of consumer reviews, figuring out what’s true and what’s not, what matters and what doesn’t, to figure out if a mattress is right for them, sight unseen?
We’re guessing you probably don’t. Well, you’re in luck – we do. At MattressHelp.org, we’ve compiled all the info you need to make an informed decision about dozens of the many mattresses available on the market today. Curious about a specific brand? Check out our mattress reviews. Know what type of bed you like to sleep on, but not sure which mattress to get? We’ve picked the best mattresses for memory foam, innerspring latex, and hybrid. Sleep with a partner, suffer from back pain, or have other sleep needs? We’ve got you covered too.
Read on to learn more about our methodology and to let us help you find the right mattress for you and your loved ones.
The basics of buying a mattress
The process of buying a mattress is unrecognizable from 20 years ago. Instead of dealing with a pushy middle-man at a showroom, now you can buy the perfect mattress for you anywhere there’s wifi – and often way cheaper than a similar mattress would have cost in a showroom. When buying a mattress, there are some basic things to keep in mind. Follow our guidelines for buying a mattress to come home with the right mattress for you.
- Think about what’s important to you. Do you like a firm mattress? Do you sleep with a partner? Is it important that you sleep cool? Are you on a tight budget, or do you want to invest for the long run? Take some time to think about what you’re looking for in a mattress, and use this as the basis to begin your search.
- Do your research. Once you’ve decided what’s important to you in a mattress, check out the categories below to start comparing brands and see which fit your budget and perform best in the categories that matter most to you.
- Shop around. After identifying mattresses you like, take a minute to find the best deal. Manufacturers often have sales and promo codes to help you save money (and you might find some here on MattressHelp.org).
- Understand the warranty and sleep trial. This is an important one. If you’re ordering online, you’ll be ordering sight-unseen, so be sure the mattress offers a sleep trial to let you test it out. Most brands offer 30 days or more. Also, you’ll want to understand the mattress warranty in case there are any defects. See our guide to Understanding Mattress Warranties to get up to speed.
- Get the right pillow. Choosing a pillow is just as important as finding the right mattress. Make sure your pillow allows for support of the head and neck and encourages spine alignment.
- Select the right foundation. All mattresses need some kind of foundation, whether it’s a box spring, a platform, or just the floor. The wrong foundation can damage your mattress and void your warranty.
- Get rid of your old mattress. Now that you’ve ordered a brand-new mattress, you need to make room for it! There are a number of cost-effective and environmentally friendly ways to get rid of your old mattress.
Our top mattress picks
We only post reviews for mattresses we believe in, so you can’t go wrong with any of the mattresses that you’ll find here on MattressHelp.org. However, there are some that stand out and merit a little extra attention. We’re confident that you’ll agree that our top mattress picks truly are the cream of the crop.
Tired of feeling your partner move throughout the night? Looking for something with a little bit of a hug, and a whole lot of support? You’ll find all that and more in these memory foam mattresses. Be sure to check out our Best Memory Foam Mattress Reviews.
Hybrid mattresses offer the best of both worlds – spring and support with pressure relief and that well-known hug. These brands make some of the best hybrid mattresses on the market, but to see our picks for the best hybrid mattresses, head over to our Best Hybrid Mattress Reviews.
Find the right mattress for you
At MattressHelp.org, we are firm believers that there truly is a mattress for everybody. Let us help you find the right mattress for you and your unique sleep needs.
- Best Innerspring Mattress Reviews
- Best Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
- Best Latex Mattress Reviews
- Best Hybrid Mattress Reviews
- Best Organic Mattresses
- Best Mattresses for Kids
- Best Mattresses for Heavy People
- Best Mattresses for Back Pain
- Best Mattresses for Couples
- Best Mattresses for Sex
- Best Mattresses for Athletes
- Best Mattresses on Amazon
The best mattress accessories
A mattress is only one part of the equation for a good night’s sleep. The right bed frame, pillow, and mattress topper can have just as much of an affect on quality of sleep. See our picks for some of the best sleep products on the market.