What you get with PangeaBed
PangeaBed was founded in New York in 2016. They currently produce one mattress, the Copper Mattress, as well as two different types of pillows.
The Copper Mattress is a 10⅝” foam mattress that is comprised of three foam layers and a foam mattress cover. What makes the Copper Mattress unique is that it features a copper-infused latex layer.
Here are the key characteristics of the Copper Mattress:
- Copper-infused latex: The comfort layer of the Copper Mattress is made of copper-infused Talalay latex. This creates a naturally hypoallergenic and antibacterial barrier, protecting the mattress and the sleeper from illness-causing intruders.
- Unique foam layers: The foam layers found in the Copper Mattress were developed by the PangeaBed team and are unique to this product.
- Sleeps cool: The copper in PangeaBed’s mattress helps to diffuse heat from a sleeper’s body. The Copper Mattress also features a transition layer below the copper-infused Talalay comfort layer which is made of cooling gel foam. This further helps to keep the mattress cool.
- Cover: The mattress cover on the Copper Mattress is quilted and filled with soft foam. This is different from most other mattress covers, which consist of thin, woven fabric. The Copper Mattress cover is made from hypoallergenic materials.
Some consumers have noted these possible weaknesses with the Copper Mattress:
- May be too firm for side sleepers: Some customers have commented on the firmness of the Copper Mattress, saying that it is not soft enough for side sleepers.
- Lacks edge support: The edges of the PangeaBed mattress compress significantly when pressure is applied. Sleepers who sleep near the edge of the bed or who like to sit on the edge while relaxing may want to consider a different mattress.
Price (Queen): $945 (check for discounts here)
Sleep trial: 100 nights
Warranty: 10 years
Shipping: Free shipping
Manufactured in: USA
PangeaBed was founded in 2016 by Martin Regueiro and Bobby Shamsian. Before teaming up to design the Copper Mattress, they had worked in the fields of home furnishings and home goods. Their goal was to design a mattress that was clean, cool, and comfortable. After lengthy research and testing with different foams and fabrics, they designed their first and only mattress offering, the Copper Mattress. This mattress uses copper as a cooling and antibacterial element.
PangeaBed and their Copper Mattress have received positive reviews from consumers. Over 90% of the customers who have left reviews on PangeaBed’s website gave the Copper Mattress 5 stars. No 1-star or 2-star reviews have been submitted. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) has given PangeaBed a grade of “A.”
- 100-night sleep trial
- 10-year warranty
- May be too firm for some
- Poor edge support
A look at the PangeaBed Copper Mattress
The Copper Mattress is a 10⅝” foam mattress. It consists of three foam layers made from 100% pure Talalay latex foam and CertiPUR-US Certified foam as well as a quilted, protective cover.
- ⅝” quilted mattress cover: The cover of the Copper Mattress acts as a protective foam layer. Its quilted linen is filled with soft foam to provide a cool and comfortable sleep surface. It is also hypoallergenic.
- 1.5” copper-infused 100% pure Talalay latex: This comfort layer is made from responsive, breathable Talalay latex which has been infused with copper. Talalay latex form-fits to the contours of the body without sacrificing bounce and mobility. It is said to be more effective at relieving pressure when compared to other latex varieties. The addition of copper helps to cool the body and keeps allergens and bacteria out.
- 1.5” PangeaBed cool gel: This transition layer is denser than the comfort layer. It adds to the contour support by cradling the body and relieving pressure points. The gel pulls heat from the body and prevents body temperature from rising.
- 7” PangeaBed support foam: The dense, base layer of the Copper Mattress was developed by PangeaBed to provide the firm support that is necessary for spinal alignment. The base can comfortably support sleepers who weight up to 250 lbs.
The key feature of this PangeaBed mattress is the use of the element of copper in its production. Copper is known to be cooling, antibacterial, antifungal, and hypoallergenic. Its inclusion in the Copper Mattress is meant to keep sleepers safe and clean even after years of use.
The Copper Mattress is manufactured in the USA.
PangeaBed costs and guarantees
|PangeaBed Copper Mattress||Twin||$695||44|
|PangeaBed Copper Mattress||Twin XL||$795||46|
|PangeaBed Copper Mattress||Full||$875||60|
|PangeaBed Copper Mattress||Queen||$945||71|
|PangeaBed Copper Mattress||King||$1095||91|
|PangeaBed Copper Mattress||California King||$1095||90|
Buy your PangeaBed Copper Mattress from PangeaBed.
The Copper Mattress comes with a 100-day, risk-free sleep trial. If a sleeper decides at any time during the first 100 days that the Copper Mattress is not satisfactory, PangeaBed will arrange for the mattress to be picked up by a local charity, and a full refund will be issued.
PangeaBed recommends that sleepers try the mattress for at least 30 days before requesting a return, but this is not required.
The PangeaBed Copper Mattress ships for free in the continental United States and arrives within five business days. It comes compressed, rolled, and packaged in a 17” X 17” X 47” box.
Once the mattress arrives, it should be removed from the box as soon as possible. Avoid using a sharp object to open the package, as this may damage the mattress. Remove the plastic casing from the mattress and it will begin to expand. It will be ready to use within a few hours. The Copper Mattress is lighter than other foam mattresses, and setup is reported to be easy.
The Copper Mattress comes with a 10-year, limited warranty. This warranty covers manufacturer’s defects which include sagging over time and indentations that appear in the foam. It should be noted that the warranty is not applicable for sleepers who weigh over 350 lbs.
How the PangeaBed Copper Mattress performs
Although the Copper Mattress has only been available for a short time, it has generated largely positive reviews from customers and online publications like Men’s Fitness. Customers have commented positively on the comfort and support of this mattress, stating that it relieves aches and pains over time. Others are less positive and have identified some problems with edge support and the firmness of the mattress. Let’s take a more detailed look at how the PangeaBed mattress performs.
PangeaBed developed the foam layers of the Copper Mattress to be responsive and to have a high degree of motion isolation. This means that a sleeper is unlikely to feel movement as a partner changes position. The Copper Mattress is not overly firm, yet it isolates motion as well as firmer mattresses.
As stated above, the Copper Mattress does not have a high degree of edge support. This is not uncommon among medium-firm foam mattresses, but the Copper Mattress does not outperform its peers in this respect. A sleeper can expect moderate to high sinkage at the edges of the bed when pressure is applied. This mattress would not provide ideal support for sleepers who drift toward the sides of the bed, although it might be a positive aspect for elderly sleepers, as it makes getting out of bed easier.
The PangeaBed Copper Mattress is made from high-quality materials known for their durability. Talalay latex is more durable than other types of latex and has proven to hold its shape longer. The fact that this mattress is infused with copper further increases its durability. The antimicrobial benefits that copper provides help to keep the mattress clean and free of damaging dust mites and fungi.
The Copper Mattress is available in just one firmness option. On the firmness scale, it rates at a 6, which indicates a medium-firm mattress. This is the most common firmness level in foam mattresses as it is ideal for all types of sleepers. Most customers have been satisfied with the comfort and support of the Copper Mattress, but some side sleepers have complained of it being too firm.
One of the aspects of the Copper Mattress that customers mention the most is that it sleeps cool. 100% foam mattresses typically have the most problems with heat retention, but the Copper Mattress utilizes copper, all-natural latex, and cooling gel to combat heat. The copper in the comfort layer naturally disperses heat. Talalay latex is an all-natural material which promotes airflow. Natural materials are known to be more breathable than their synthetic counterparts. Lastly, the cool gel transition layer provides an additional layer of cooling support that pulls heat away from the body.
Customers have reported a slight offgassing odor coming from the PangeaBed mattress. This chemical smell is caused by the foam settling, though it only lasts a few days at most. The Copper Mattress is made from natural latex and foams that are made sustainably, so the offgassing is minimal.
Responsive mattresses with good mobility and bounce are the best for sex. The Copper Mattress is moderately responsive due to its Talalay latex comfort layer, but as it has a high degree of motion isolation, it doesn’t have much bounce. The Copper Mattress is also a medium-firm mattress, so while it might be great for support while sleeping, it won’t be as easy to move around on. Sleepers who are more active in bed may want to consider a softer foam mattress or a hybrid mattress.
How to take care of your PangeaBed Copper Mattress
The PangeaBed mattress is hypoallergenic and antifungal, so it doesn’t require a lot of care. The mattress cover protects the foam from intruders, but owners should be very careful with liquids. Liquids can easily damage foam and a spill may void the warranty. It is not advisable to keep liquids or food near the Copper Mattress.
The mattress cover is not removable, so purchasing a mattress protector that can be zipped on and easily removed is encouraged. If the mattress becomes stained, spot-cleaning with warm water is recommended, but be sure to use a towel that is only slightly damp. Dab the stain with the towel lightly to remove it.
The Copper Mattress consists of three different foam layers, so it is not flippable. It is, however, recommended that the mattress be rotated 180 degrees every 3-6 months. This will promote uniform weight distribution and increase the life of the mattress.
PangeaBed discounts and coupons
Visit the PangeaBed website for discounts on the PangeaBed Copper Mattress!
Connect with PangeaBed
To find out more about the Copper Mattress, connect with PangeaBed through these channels: