What you get with the PlushBeds Eco Bliss mattress
The PlushBeds Eco Bliss mattress is an excellent choice for consumers who are looking for a mattress that’s made of high-quality, non-toxic materials. All PlushBeds mattresses are GreenGuard Gold-certified, a distinction that less than 1% of the mattresses sold in the US achieve. This means that they meet rigorous safety standards in terms of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) emissions.
Comfort is also important to PlushBeds, which is why they offer their Eco Bliss mattress in an 8-inch, 10-inch, or 12-inch thickness and either a Medium or Medium-Firm firmness level. The Eco Bliss model is a latex hybrid mattress that combines a latex comfort layer with a poly foam support core.
A few key characteristics that people like about this PlushBeds mattress:
- Great for allergy sufferers: The 100% talalay latex used for the comfort layer is resistant to dust mites, mold, and mildew spores. This helps sleepers with allergies breathe easier.
- Eco-friendly: PlushBeds mattresses are made from materials that are CertiPUR-US and GreenGuard Gold-certified, meaning that they don’t contain chemicals such as formaldehyde, PBDE flame retardants, ozone depleters, and other toxins.
- Split King option: In addition to all of the traditional mattress sizes, PlushBeds offers its mattresses in a Split King size, which is essentially two Twin-sized mattresses. People enjoy Split King mattresses because they’re easier to move around than traditional Kings. The split design also offers less motion transfer than a single mattress.
The PlushBeds Eco Bliss mattress has the following potential weaknesses:
- Heavy mattress: Once it’s been unpackaged, the PlushBeds Eco Bliss mattress is heavy and awkward to move. This is problematic for customers who want to take advantage of free return shipping but who struggle to box up the mattress and move it outside for pickup.
- Temperature: Like many mattresses with foam layers, the comfort layer of the PlushBeds Eco Bliss mattress tends to trap body heat.
- Price: The PlushBeds Eco Bliss mattress is on the higher end when it comes to bed-in-a-box prices, but it still outcompetes store-brand prices.
Price (Queen): $1,399 (10 in.; check for discounts here)
Type: Latex hybrid
Sleep trial: 100 nights
Warranty: 25 years
Manufactured in: USA
While consumers have plenty of choices when it comes to latex mattresses, it can often be a struggle to find eco-friendly latex mattresses. PlushBeds CEO Michael Hughes founded the company after he and his wife discovered this firsthand. PlushBeds focuses on providing high-quality mattresses that are manufactured with non-toxic materials.
PlushBeds was one of the first North American companies to enter the bed-in-a-box mattress market. Although the company began by outsourcing their manufacturing to a private label manufacturer, they soon took over their own manufacturing in order to be able to monitor quality more closely. This aligns with the company’s stated mission, which is to provide high-quality luxury mattresses that are made of non-toxic, eco-friendly materials and utilize the latest innovations in sleep technology. PlushBeds is North America’s largest importer of ARPICO organic latex.
PlushBeds gets an A+ rating from the BBB and has a 62% positive customer review rating on the BBB website. Overall, customers were extremely pleased with the quality of their PlushBeds mattresses, as well as the level of service they received during the shopping process and if any problems arose after their mattress arrived.
In online reviews of the PlushBeds Eco Bliss mattress, the following pros and cons were frequently cited by customers:
- Customer service: Customers report that PlushBeds mattress specialists are knowledgeable about the company’s products and are helpful to work with.
- Non-toxic materials: From customers with allergies to those trying to be more eco-friendly, many were pleased that the PlushBeds Eco Bliss mattress isn’t manufactured with harsh and toxic chemicals.
- Handling of returns: Some customers were frustrated that PlushBeds requires customers to box up their mattress and bring it outside to be picked up for a free return/exchange.
- Sleeps warm: People who sleep hot report that they woke up feeling overheated and sweaty.
A look at the PlushBeds Eco Bliss mattress
PlushBeds provides many different options for its latex hybrid Eco Bliss mattress. It’s available in sizes that range from Twin all the way up to King (including California King and Split King). Customers can choose between an 8-inch, 10-inch, and 12-inch mattress thickness. They may also choose either a Medium or Medium-Firm firmness level.
The PlushBeds Eco Bliss mattress features the following layers:
- Cover: The mattress cover is stretchy and helps protect the mattress materials without affecting the way the sleeper interacts with them. PlushBeds sources all of its cotton materials from the US.
- Fire barrier: Underneath the cover sits a proprietary Eco Bliss knit fire barrier that’s made from non-toxic materials that are Oeko-Tex-certified.
- Comfort layer: The comfort layer is made of 100% natural organic latex that’s imported from ARPICO in Sri Lanka. The latex is air-infused for better temperature distribution and is resistant to allergens such as dust mites, mold, and mildew. The thickness of the latex comfort layer differs between the 8-inch, 10-inch, and 12-inch mattress options; the comfort layers are 2 inches, 3 inches, and 4 inches respectively.
- Support core: At the base of the PlushBeds Eco Bliss mattress is a CertiPUR-US-certified PlushFoam core that provides support. The thickness of the core is 6 inches, 7 inches, or 8 inches in the 8-inch, 10-inch, and 12-inch-thick mattresses respectively.
PlushBeds costs and guarantees
|PlushBeds Eco Bliss||Twin 8”/10”/12”||$749/$949/$1,099|
|PlushBeds Eco Bliss||Twin XL 8”/10”/12”||$799/$999/$1,199|
|PlushBeds Eco Bliss||Full 8”/10”/12”||$999/$1,199/$1,399|
|PlushBeds Eco Bliss||Queen 8”/10”/12”||$1099/$1,399/$1,599|
|PlushBeds Eco Bliss||King 8”/10”/12”||$1399/$1,599/$1,799|
|PlushBeds Eco Bliss||California King 8”/10”/12”||$1399/$1,599/$1,799|
|PlushBeds Eco Bliss||Split King 8”/10”/12”||$1,598/$1,998/$2,398|
Buy your Eco Bliss mattress from PlushBeds.
PlushBeds offers a 100-night sleep trial. During that time, if a customer decides they’re not pleased with their mattress, they may contact PlushBeds to arrange a refund or exchange. The original mattress must be packaged (PlushBeds will provide instructions for this) and taken out to the curbside for pickup. PlushBeds will assess a $99 fee for any mattresses returned sooner than 30 days.
Customers who don’t wish to ship back their entire mattress may also opt to pay a $145 deposit and have PlushBeds send them a new talalay latex “comfort adjustment” layer. This layer will be zipped into the mattress and replaces the current comfort layer in order to make the mattress firmer or softer. The old comfort layer is then shipped back and upon receipt, PlushBeds will refund the $145 deposit.
All PlushBeds mattresses are custom made and take 7 to 9 business days to leave the factory once an order is placed. During peak order times, manufacturing can take an additional 7 days. Shipping is free within the continental United States.
Your PlushBed Eco Bliss mattress will arrive compressed and sealed inside a box. Because latex mattresses are incredibly heavy, it is recommended to have at least two people work together to put the mattress in place before allowing it to decompress.
PlushBeds does not offer setup services or removal of your old mattress, but for a fee starting at $99, they will refer you to a local contractor for assistance.
PlushBeds offers a 25-year warranty on its mattresses that covers any defects in the materials and workmanship that become apparent during proper use and handling.
How the PlushBeds Eco Bliss performs
The latex foam comfort layer of the PlushBeds Eco Bliss mattress does an excellent job of isolating motion. If one person moves around, they are unlikely to disturb their sleeping partner on this mattress.
Mattresses made with foam materials tend to struggle in terms of edge support. While the PlushBeds Eco Bliss mattress has a greater degree of support and firmness than other mattresses designed with foam layers, it still only rates as fair in terms of support when someone lays near or sits on the side.
PlushBeds is known for using high-quality materials to manufacture its mattresses. A lengthy warranty is also an indication of a mattress that’s expected to hold up well over time. PlushBeds offers a 25-year warranty on its mattresses – one of the longest in the direct-to-consumer mattress industry. Available data indicates that customers enjoy above-average durability from their PlushBeds mattresses than from comparable mattresses in this category.
Latex mattresses are known for providing pressure relief similar to a memory foam mattress while still providing ample support. The PlushBeds Eco Bliss mattress is very supportive, and customers can fine-tune that support by choosing between two firmness levels. Latex foam firmness is measured by its Impression Load Deflection (ILD), or how easily it shapes to the body.
The PlushBeds Medium firmness level receives a 24-26 ILD rating. On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the most firm, it rates at a 5. Meanwhile the Medium-Firm firmness level receives a 29-31 ILD rating. On the firmness scale, it is a 6.5 out of 10.
Latex mattresses are known for sleeping cooler than their memory foam counterparts, and the PlushBeds Eco Bliss mattress features air-infused latex foam to assist with airflow and temperature distribution. Still, some customers report that they sleep hot on this mattress.
Because of the all-natural, chemical-free materials used to make the Eco Bliss mattress, there is zero offgassing smell when it’s unboxed. This makes it an excellent choice for people who have a sensitivity to chemical odors.
The PlushBeds Eco Bliss features latex, which means it has more support and bounce than a memory foam mattress and doesn’t impede movement. This makes it a good option for couples who would like a foam mattress but who also have an active sex life.
How to take care of your PlushBeds mattress
PlushBeds mattresses should be placed out of direct sunlight and in a location that has an adequate amount of space away from any hot air vents. PlushBeds suggests purchasing and using a separate washable mattress protector on your Eco Bliss mattress.
Should the cover of your PlushBeds Eco Bliss mattress become soiled, it can be spot cleaned with water and mild detergent. Allow the mattress to air dry; do not use any sort of heat to dry it out.
Due to the layered foam design, PlushBeds mattresses are not intended to be flipped, but they can be rotated 180 degrees every six months.
PlushBeds coupons and discounts
Visit the PlushBeds website for discounts on the PlushBeds Eco Bliss mattress!
Connect with PlushBeds
For more information about the Eco Bliss mattress, visit PlushBeds through these channels: